I recently wrote a post about how to make Homemade Cranberry Liqueur. It's simple to make and only has to steep for 4 days. This beautiful liqueur is great to have on hand during the holidays, and it makes a great gift.
6 cocktail recipes. In this post, I'm sharing 6 recipes for easy cocktails you can make using the cranberry liqueur. I'd have a hard time picking a favorite. Cranberry drinks are both festive and refreshing. The Nogberry is a fun twist on eggnog for the holidays.
Make it a gift. In addition to the recipes, I'm providing you with a downloadable recipe card that has all of the recipes on one card. That way you can print it out and tie it to your liqueur bottles--handy for you, and also if you give it as a gift. You'll find free downloadable gift tags near the bottom of the post, too.
Here's what you need to assemble to make the cocktails:
Cranberry liqueur. You can buy it ready-made; or if you want to make a homemade batch, here's my recipe.
Mixers. Here are some of the non-alcoholic mixers I chose from. For the recipes in this post, I used the grapefruit juice, egg nog, Sierra Mist, cranberry juice, and limes. You'll see once you start trying these recipes, that it's easy to come up with other combinations with additional mixers. So many possibilities.
For alcohol mixers (not pictured), I used vodka, champagne, triple sec, and rum along with the cranberry liqueur.
6 simple, delicious cranberry liqueur cocktails: (pictured left to right)
1. Cosmopolitan. 2 tablespoons cranberry liqueur, 1 tablespoon cointreau or triple sec, 1/2 tablespoon lime juice. Mix with ice & strain into martini glass.
View & Print Cosmopolitan Recipe
2. In The Pink. Pour 1/4 cup cranberry liqueur over ice in highball glass. Fill with grapefruit juice & stir. View & Print In the Pink Recipe
3. Cranberry Kiss. Add 2 tablespoons cranberry liqueur to champagne flute. Fill glass with champagne or sparkling wine. View & Print Cranberry Kiss Recipe
4. Cranberry Kick. Pour 2 tablespoon cranberry liqueur and 2 tablespoons vodka over ice into lowball glass. Fill glass with cranberry juice and add a squeeze of lime.
View & Print Cranberry Kick Recipe
5. Nogberry. Pour 2 tablespoons cranberry liqueur and 2 tablespoons rum into mug. Add eggnog slowly to fill mug. The liqueur and rum will rise to the top. Serve with layers separated, or mix together before serving.
View & Print Nogberry Recipe
6. Cranberry Cooler. Pour 2 tablespoons cranberry liqueur over ice into highball or similar sized glass. Fill glass with lemon-lime soda (7-Up, Sprite, Sierra Mist).
View & Print Cranberry Cooler Recipe
Here is a downloadable recipe card that includes all 6 recipes. You can print and cut it out to keep for handy reference for yourself. Or, include a copy of the recipe card with a gift bottle of cranberry liqueur. This is the finishing touch on a beautiful, unique homemade gift.
Click on the recipe card below to download and print a sheet
(2 copies per sheet).
I found inspiration for these recipes at drinksmixer.com--also a good source for additional cocktail recipes.
Here are two downloadable gift tags that you can print (cardstock recommended) and tie onto a gift bottle of cranberry liqueur. Or, any gift bottle, for that matter.
Click on the image to download and print
a sheet of either gift tag design.
The photo below shows how I decorated my cranberry liqueur for a gift. I rolled the cocktail recipe card and attached it to the bottle with a rubberband. Next, I looped a rubberband through a punched hole in the upper left corner of the gift tag and stretch the rubberband around the bottle neck. Finally, I tied a bow with some pretty ribbon.
Also pictured is a bottle of my Homemade Peppermint Liqueur. To continue the peppermint theme, I rolled the recipe card* around a candy cane and secured it with a rubberband. I attached the CHEERS! gift tag to the bottle with another rubberband. Finally, I tied the candy cane to the bottle with the same pretty ribbon that I used to tie a bow. *Click here for Peppermint Liqueur Cocktail Recipes.
I hope these recipes and ideas add some cheer to your holidays.
Make it a Yummy day!