This flavorful dressing adds tang with a touch of sweetness to salad greens. It's also good drizzled on roasted vegetables for a flavorful autumn side for Thanksgiving and holiday meals.
Mustard and cider vinegar add flavor and tang. Frozen apple juice concentrate contributes just a hint of apple sweetness. This vinaigrette emulsifies well, so it will remain mixed without the need for frequent shaking and stirring. That makes it a great "self-serve" dressing for buffets and tables.
Mix this vinaigrette in under 5 minutes, refrigerate it, and have it handy throughout the Fall season.
Step-by-step photos for making
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Step 1. Assemble the ingredients:
- olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
- frozen apple juice concentrate (thawed)
- Dijon mustard
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- fresh thyme
view on Amazon: organic apple cider vinegar
Step 2. Blend the dressing ingredients using one of these methods.
- BLENDER or FOOD PROCESSOR METHOD: To a blender or food processor, add all ingredients except olive oil. Blend until well combined. With motor running, add olive oil through lid opening in a thin stream; continue blending until well mixed. (In the photos below, I am mixing the vinaigrette in a mini food processor--my favorite little kitchen appliance! )
- BOWL & WHISK METHOD: To a medium bowl, add all ingredients except olive oil. Whisk until combined. Continue whisking rapidly while adding olive oil to mixture in a thin stream; keep whisking until uniformly mixed.
- JAR or SALAD DRESSING SHAKER METHOD: Add all of the ingredients to the jar or shaker, cover tightly, and shake vigorously until ingredients are uniformly mixed. It's a bit harder to emulsify the mixture this way, but if you shake vigorously and long enough, it will work.
view on Amazon: mini food processor, blender, salad dressing shaker
Done! When you can make salad dressing in under 5 minutes, why buy the bottled stuff at the store? Not only does this taste better, but it doesn't have any fillers, preservatives, or mystery ingredients.
SERVING TIPS. I serve this dressing in a small pitcher on the side and allow everyone to drizzle however much they want onto their salad. Plastic squeeze bottles may not look as elegant, but they're another very convenient way to dispense salad dressing while making it easy to control the amount of dressing that is released from the bottle.
view on Amazon: small glass pitcher, plastic squeeze bottles (these have attached caps--great for fridge storage)
STORAGE TIPS. Store the dressing in a mason jar, shaker bottle, or squeeze bottle in the fridge for up to 3 weeks. If it's too thick out of the fridge, let it rest at room temperature for 15 minutes or so, give it a good shake or stir, and it should be ready to serve.
Make it a Yummy day!
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Servings: Makes 1-1/4 cups
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
BLENDER or FOOD PROCESSOR METHOD:
To a blender or food processor, add all ingredients except olive oil. Blend until well combined. With motor running, add olive oil through lid opening in a thin stream; continue blending until well mixed.
BOWL & WHISK METHOD:
To a medium bowl, add all ingredients except olive oil. Whisk until combined. Continue whisking rapidly while adding olive oil to mixture in a thin stream; keep whisking until uniformly mixed.
Cover and store in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Shake well before using.
You might also enjoy these salad dressing recipes: