The easy, flavorful recipe can be made in minutes by simply stirring together a few ingredients. It is so versatile that it's great to keep on hand in the fridge.
So many uses!
- As a dip for veggies, crackers or chips.
- As a spread for crackers, cucumber rounds, or thin pieces of toasted French or sourdough bread. Add toppings like roasted red peppers, marinated artichokes, olives, prosciutto, salami, pesto shrimp, pickled garlic--so many possibilities! These make a tasty and easy appetizer plate.
- As a sandwich or panini spread--it adds delicious creaminess.
- As a pizza topping--simply add a few dollops to the top of your pizza before baking. It adds melty creaminess to pizza. See it pictured at the end of this post.
- Add it to a cheeseboard.
Step-by-step photos for making
Ricotta Herb Dip or Spread
Step 1. Assemble the ingredients
- Ricotta cheese (whole milk is recommended)
- Fresh dill, chives, and green onions--minced (You may substitute fresh basil for the dill, if you prefer.)
- Garlic and onion powders
- Salt and pepper
Step 2. Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and stir until evenly combined. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. It can be made a day or two ahead.
That's it! So easy and versatile.
Think beyond crackers and chips! Below are photos of how I added this herbed ricotta to grilled pizza. The bottom layer is a classic red pizza sauce, then scattered with artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, and thinly sliced red onion. Next it's dolloped with the herbed ricotta mixture and then topped with a very light sprinkling of grated mozzarella. The ricotta added delicious creaminess. A totally yummy combination of flavors and textures!
Make it a Yummy day!
Ricotta with Herbs | Dip or Spread
Servings: makes 2 cups
- 2 cups ricotta
- 1-2 green onions (white and green parts), minced (3 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill (may substitute basil)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
Add all ingredients to medium-sized bowl; stir to evenly combine. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. May be made a day ahead.
--a spread or dip for veggies, crackers or chips
--spread on crackers, cucumber rounds, or small pieces of toasted bread; top with roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, olives, etc.
--add dollops to pizza before baking
--sandwich or panini spread
Easy, versatile spread or dip for chips, veggies, crackers, sandwiches, pizza topping, appetizers. From TheYummyLife.com #dip #spread #appetizer #crackers #sandwichspread #veggiedip