A few weeks ago, I wrote a post called Pinterest Tips--A Tutorial Guide for Beginners. I've heard from lots of readers since then who love Pinterest, too, or have just gotten started with it and are still learning the ropes.
I get way more comments on my posts on Pinterest than anywhere else now; but, if you don't happen to follow the boards of those commenting, you will miss their feedback. The best tips and adaptations for my recipes always come from you, my readers, and I hate for you to miss them. So, I'm sharing a few comments today on a few pins from The Yummy Life.
Not on Pinterest yet?
Let me know in the comments section below, and I'll send you an invitation.
A Few Pinterest Comments on Pins from The Yummy Life
(click the title to view the original post)
Harvest Salad with Pears, Dried Figs & Pepitas
- Sandy S. wrote, "This is really good. Fancy restaurant good. Substituted toasted pecans for the pepitas."
Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Centerpieces -personalized with photos and monogrammed mugs
- Kamlyn J. wrote, "I think I found a winner for the rehearsal dinner."
Fruit Salad Salsa
- Sara L. wrote, "My favorite snack..."
- Rachel T. wrote, "I love that this is healthy and low in calories, yet so pretty and good. Yum!"
Egg Salad - A healthy recipe
- Sara B. wrote, "This was really yummy!"
- Adrian S. wrote, "Tried this tonight. I cut the recipe in half and didn't use any mayo... I subbed Non-Fat Greek Yogurt and added a tiny squirt of dijon mustard. It is delicious! It made about 8 Oz (1 Cup) of Egg Salad and averages about 22 calories per tablespoon:) Happy girl!"
Chile, Lime, & Rosemary Spiced Nuts
- Kristin C. wrote, "I made this for Christmas gifts last year... I already have requests for more!"
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Feta Cheese, Candied Pecans & Raspberry Poppyseed Dressing
This is my most popular post on Pinterest. It has been pinned over 84,000 times. That number kinda blows my mind.
- Molly wrote that she dresses this with her fave brand--Brianna's Poppyseed dressing. "Mmm... one of my favorite salads... minus the red onion. blech. :)"
- Jayne Marie wrote, "....one of my favorites!"
- Jennie VH wrote, "Made this with chevre in place of feta, and a mix of romaine & spinach. Made the dressing w/apricot balsamic vinegar instead of raspberry. Awesome."
Individual Parmesan Hash Brown Cups
- Leisa D. wrote, "By cooking these hashbrown in muffin tins, a large part of each individual serving forms a crispy, brown crust around the cup shape of each muffin portion. They remained tender and moist on the inside, just the way I like my hash browns."
- Janet S. wrote, "These were very yummy. Had them with steak and garlic mushrooms for diner and the significant other was very impressed."
- Deby P. wrote, "I made this using frozen hash browns and white onion. I will rate it a 6."
Chicken Salad with Cranberries & Pecans
- Christie M. wrote, "Everyone loved this chicken salad. I didn't use honey, and I served it in tomato/basil-flavored wraps."
- Alexis F. wrote, "I actually made this today but with purple grapes instead of dried cranberries and sliced almonds instead of pecans! it was so yummy! & healthy which is always a plus:)"
DIY Etched Glasses --
- Florence D. wrote, "by far the best Tutorial I have seen; easy +great tips"
- Jessica H. wrote, "DIY etched beer mugs for the groomsmen. I'll probably do the big ones with handles though."
Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix
- Sarah C. wrote, "Best Hot Chocolate mix ever!!:):) LOVE IT!...way better than my old recipe!:)"
Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Lindsay wrote, "Delish! Had this for dinner tonight."
Classic Italian Meatballs
- Heather J. wrote, "best meatballs ever. Tried it...it's true!"
Overnight, Slow Cooker Cherry Almond Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Cynthia M. made this for her MOPS friends and wrote, "I slept awful last night, because all I could do was think about this oatmeal, dream about it, wonder how it's doing, check on it, and taste it. It was done at 5:16AM (after 6 hours); and, if I didn't have to bring it somewhere to share, I would have sat there in the dark and ate half the pot. It was delicious and I'll definitely be making it again. I tripled it and it filled my large (5 qt?) crock to the brim."
Overnight, Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Karen T. wrote, "Made this for breakfast this morning (well, cooked it overnight for this morning). You can cut out the butter and sugar and it's much healthier! And absolutely delicious!"
- Melissa M. wrote, "This is my favorite recipe. I always double it. It is that delicious!"
- Jennifer W. wrote, "Tonight we switched it up and added blueberries instead of apples and almond extract instead of vanilla and cinnamon."
Overnight, Slow Cooker Banana & Coconut Milk Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Melanie S. wrote, "Made this overnight and had a bowl this morning---really good! Before serving I put macadamia nuts and a little bit more brown sugar on top...YUM!"
- Jaymie H. wrote, '"AMAZINGLY GOOD!...instant classic!"
- Janene S. wrote, '"I made this last night, and it turned out okay. I couldn't find light coconut milk, so I used Coconut Dream. Maybe that's why the bananas turned a weird purple color?..." (Monica's note: make sure the bananas are really ripe to avoid the purple color)
- Jenna O. wrote, "For the record, I made this yesterday it was SO GOOD!"
Quick and Healthy Turkey Chili
- Tekesha B. wrote, "I made this last night substituting extra lean turkey, hot & spicy taco mix, and cannelini beans and added a little splenda. It was absolutely incredible!! Hubby was circling around me like a shark in the kitchen, couldn't wait for it to finish simmering."
Microwave Colored Popcorn
- Sarah J. wrote, "We made this last night and it tastes and looks beautiful!"
- Jessica J. wrote, "My popcorn did not come out well...too much corn syrup"
Thanks to all who comment here, on Facebook, Pinterest, or where ever! I love hearing from you; and when you comment every reader can benefit from your tips and feedback. I appreciate you!
Make it a yummy day!